Re: how to override dot-placement-list (fret diagrams)

From: pls
Subject: Re: how to override dot-placement-list (fret diagrams)
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 09:04:25 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

>> My use case: I have created a huge library of predefined fret
>> diagrams (https://github.com/Philomelos/lilypond-predefined-fretboards)
>> and I would love to be able to e.g. display those diagrams with
>> chord steps, note names or even
>> solfege pitchnames *instead* of finger numbers without actually
>> having to define
>> them completely from scratch.
>>
>> Am I right that I basically would have to redefine all those fret
>> diagrams and there is no way to
>> "tweak" only the finger numbers of a diagram that has already been
>> predefined?
>

> Well, I think it's not impossible, more depending on how much work one
> wants to put on it.

This isn't a feature request!  I know that it's not impossible for you.
I obviously misunderstood the information given in the
fret-diagram-interface.  I was convinced that I could simply override
the dot-placement-list just like any other *user settable property*
listed there.

> Maybe I can have a deeper look sunday ...

Don't spend too much of your precious time on this (unless you really
want to).  I might as well be able to transform the whole library with some
clever RegExps/Emacs-Macros.  I have to give it some thought.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Patrick