Re: [feature request:] fret diagrams with fingering indications and addi

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: [feature request:] fret diagrams with fingering indications and additional text
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 00:40:07 +0100

> Hey all,
>
> currently it's possible to add fingering indications (any character) inside
> of dots or "below" the strings. (In my attachment in landscape orientation
> it's rather to the right of the strings).  Now I would like to be able to not
> only use characters in dots but
> also add additional text (any kind of character) at least to the right of the
> fret
> diagram (in LilyPond-speak: "below the strings").  It would be nice to
> also have the option to place the additional characters to the left of
> the diagram (in LilyPond-speak: above the strings).  And here is an
> example of how the result might look like:
>

> (The fancy curved line at the right side of the diagram is not so
> important.  Category: "nice to have".)
>
> And this is an example of how the future LilyPond syntax could look like:
> <c g c' e' g'>1^\markup {
>            \fret-diagram-verbose #'(
>              (place-fret 6 3 1 red parenthesized default-paren-color "G
> (5th)")
>              (place-fret 5 3 "bla" inverted "C (Root)")
>            )
>          }
>
> Does this request make sense?  Is anybody else interested in this
> feature?
>
> Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I did some experiments, result attached.

Please test. There is a README in it.

Please be aware it's experimental code, not ready yet to put up a
patch, although it compiles as far as I tested...
(some debugging code is still present, most of it commented, though)

There's also
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Guitar-Fret-Diagram-scale-degree-below-string-td179664.html#a179789
which may be of interest for you

Happy testing,