Re: Scorio Software

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Scorio Software
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 08:15:28 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 8 Nov 2015, Abraham Lee wrote:

While perusing the main LilyPond website, in the announcements section, I
only just discovered the online software Scorio that acts as a GUI front
end to LilyPond 2.16. Does anyone on this list actually use it? I don't
think I ever will for a number of reasons, but I was just curious if anyone
else does.I did subscribe for a (free) account but had forgotten about it until I
read your post. I guess that shows clearly how much I have used it ;-)

I guess it could be interesting for iPads or chromebooks. But I don't see a reason to use online apps if I can do things much faster and much better offline.

On http://www.scorio.com/web/scorio/platform I read this:

"The superb music notation, which is based on the principles of classical sheet music engraving, is guaranteed by using LilyPond as a sheet music generator. The aesthetically balanced arrangement of notes among multiple systems takes place automatically. LilyPond is regarded by experts as being one of the finest sheet music generators available today. The modular design of the platform will allow the future integration of sheet music generators other than LilyPond."

It would be nice if the Scorio people would give something back to the LilyPond community for this "superb music notation" that they use to make some money. Like improved MusicXML import/export. But I don't really count on it.

--

MT