Re: A command-line wrapper for OpenLilyLIb

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: A command-line wrapper for OpenLilyLIb
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 18:38:28 +0100

Hi Matteo,

thank you for your renewed activity for openLilyLib.

Am 04.11.2015 um 14:59 schrieb Matteo Ceccarello:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I just implemented a small command line tool that I hope will simplify
> the use of OpenLilyLib [1] in multiple projects. You can find a
> motivating example in a blog post [2]. The tool itself, together with
> installation instructions and a small tutorial can be found on Github
> [3].
>
> Comments and suggestions are very much appreciated :-)

as I said earlier I have now released a post on Scores of Beauty. As it
has become more more than a simple pointer to your blog I pass the link:
http://lilypondblog.org/2015/11/future-of-openlilylib/

I think your ideas raise important considerations with regard to the
future development of openLilyLib, and I would really love to take the
opportunity to tackle the next step(s). But this will require some more
people stepping out and contributing because the task is too big for one
alone.

I think there are potentials to make openLilyLib a common extension
platform for LilyPond and a really useful tool for just about any user,
so I encourage anyone interested in its future to join and at least
discuss. Contributions are more than welcome, and we could use LilyPond,
Scheme, Python, and web design/technology skills.

Best

Urs