Re: second footnote in Lyrics doesn't work

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: second footnote in Lyrics doesn't work
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 10:11:21 -0500

Hi Simon,

> It seems that every kind of alphabetic string is mistaken by \footnote to be
> the second-to-last, optional argument, specifying the grob path.

Ah!

But… why is that not true of the FIRST lyric-embedded footnote in my example?

> \footnote #"†" #'(-1 . 0.5) #"† like Lenny & Squiggy from “Laverne &
> Shirley”" LyricText Hel -- lo!
> \footnote #"†" #'(-1 . 0.5) #"† like Lenny & Squiggy from “Laverne &
> Shirley”" \markup "Hel" -- lo!

Both work; thank you!
I can’t decide which I prefer [for long-term maintenance reasons]… I’ll just go
with the first for now, since this score needs to be done 11 minutes ago.  =)

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info