Re: Testing requested: new manuscript viewer tool for Frescobaldi

From: Ralf Mattes
Subject: Re: Testing requested: new manuscript viewer tool for Frescobaldi
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:57:44 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 18. November 2015 17:48 CET, Federico Bruni <address@hidden>
schrieb:

> You are right, not necessarily: in fact it reads the environment
> variables, but it does not read the frescobaldi alias.

How and where did you define that alias?
In ~/.bashrc

 alias frescobaldi=/path/to/where/git/is/frescobaldi

> Well, this is what's happening here on Fedora 23 using the gnome
> terminal:
>
> [~]$ bash -c frescobaldi
> bash: frescobaldi: comando non trovato
> [~]$ bash -c 'frescobaldi'
> bash: frescobaldi: comando non trovato
> [~]$ bash -l -c 'frescobaldi'
> bash: frescobaldi: command not found

All of these only work when you  either define an alias (as mentioned
above) or extend your PATH environment variable.
Again, in ~/.bashrc:

 export  PATH=/where/you/checked/out/frescobali:$PATH

HTH RalfD

BTW - I'm subscribed to the list - no need to cc a personal reply to me