Re: aligning melisma and non-melisma lyrics across staves in the same sy

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: aligning melisma and non-melisma lyrics across staves in the same system
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 09:12:13 -0500

Hi David (and all developers),

> So there may be something like $1000

I have personally offered $1,000. Others have offered to contribute to specific
issues (look at the GSoC Lyrics issues in the tracker for more specific
information), so there’s already more than $1,000 pledged to lyrics-related
issues. More might contribute, if there was concrete movement on an issue by
one or more developers.

> for 25 issues, meaning about $40 per issue.

I don’t belive I ever said my $1,000 was for all of the open issues. What I
actually said (as found in the archives) was

> I’m sure I can find $1,000 over the course of three years to get my pet
> peeves taken care of.

Put another way: Depending on how important a particular issue is to me, and
how valuable the fix/feature, a single issue might earn a bounty of $100 or
$200 or even my whole $1,000 budget.

Unfortunately, nobody has made themselves available/willing to discuss the
requirements — never mind pricing — of even one of the issues I’ve offered to
sponsor. So it remains impossible for me to be more specific about a per-issue
bounty.

Regards,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer