Re: Better slashed graces

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Better slashed graces
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 12:08:47 -0600

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 11:48 AM, Gilberto Agostinho <address@hidden> wrote:
David Nalesnik-2 wrote
> My question would be: what is 'stem-fraction' now?  What does it now
> measure?

I have absolutely no idea, I just messed around with the variables and
expressions until I got a result that looked right in the situations I was
testing :)

Seems to now be a simple offset of the line along the stem -- 1 is move the line down 1 ss, rather than put the line at 100% of the stem's length.  Much better, I would say.

You could have the idea of proportionality, but relative to the width of the beam, so the line would always cross dead-center or a fixed distance below the beams, whether you have 1, 2, 3, .... That's doable, but a little annoying: get the number of beams, the space between beams, do some math.

David