Re: Moving a single note (optical spacing once more)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Moving a single note (optical spacing once more)
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 11:12:41 -0000

"Urs Liska" wrote Friday, December 04, 2015 10:59 AM

> Am 04.12.2015 um 11:54 schrieb Trevor Daniels:
>>  \once ] \override Arpeggio.minimum-X-extent =#'(-1 . 0)
>
> This creates additional space by moving the Arpeggio to the right. But I
> want the fourth note e' to move to the left because the intention is to
> keep the regularity of the left hand intact.

Ah, sorry, I should have also said leave optical spacing on
and slightly increase the same-direction-correction from the
default value of 0.25:

\once \override NoteSpacing.same-direction-correction = 0.5

seems a reasonable compromise.  Larger values make the notes
of the left hand more regular in this example (but that may
depend on the note pitches).

Trevor