proper beaming question

From: Karol Majewski
Subject: proper beaming question
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 01:29:27 +0100

By default, LilyPond's beaming of eight rest and three eight notes in 4/4 meter
is:

r8 c'8[ c'8 c'8]

E. Gould on p. 164 states that: Rhythmic figures that are not part of a
repeated pattern may be best beamed into separate beats, so that they are not
mistaken for triplets nor fot groups of three quavers in compound time:

4/4: c'8 r8 c'8 r8 r8 c'8 c'8[ c'8] rather than
4/4: c'8[ r8 c'8] r8 r8 c'8[ c'8 c'8]

Personally, I agree with her view and find that _this_ should be default LP
behavior. So beaming in 4/4 should be like:

4/4: c'8[ c'8 c'8 c'8] r8 c'8 c'8[ c'8]

How can I force LilyPond to beam like this?