problem with "extra" lyrics appearing only sometimes

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: problem with "extra" lyrics appearing only sometimes
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:15:28 -0500

Hello all,

Apologies in advance: I don’t have time for a minimal example…
I’m supposed to have sent this engraving off this morning.  =\
I just need to figure out what’s wrong and move on.

I have the following structure:

      \new ChoirStaff <<
        \new Staff = "Staff_SA" \new Voice = "Voice_SA" << \global \SA_notes >>
            \new Lyrics \with { alignAboveContext = "Staff_SA" } \lyricsto
"Voice_S" \S_words
            \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Voice_SA" { \SA_words }
        \new Staff = "Staff_TB" \new Voice = "Voice_TB" << \global \TB_notes >>
            \new Lyrics \with { alignAboveContext = "Staff_TB" } \lyricsto
"Voice_T" \T_words
            \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Voice_TB" { \TB_words }

This allows me to have up to four lines of lyrics: one above and one below each
of the two choral staves.

For some reason, some lyrics are appearing and others are not. It seems almost
random. In my note code, where I want to have (e.g.,) some soprano words
appear, I use:

    <<
      { \voiceTwo r2 a'8 gs' fs' e' ~ 2 ~ 2 }
      \context Voice = "Voice_S" { \voiceOne e''8 ds'' cs'' b' ~ 1 ~ 2 }
    >> \oneVoice r4   | % SA 25

As I said, this appears to work exactly as expected in many circumstances, and
fail completely in others.
Any thoughts on what might be causing this intermittency?

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info