Re: \sourcefilename "foo"

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: \sourcefilename "foo"
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 17:56:02 +0100

Menu Jacques <address@hidden> writes:

> I found in the notation reference manual that one can use that to rename the
> input file:
>
> • At any point in a file, any of the following lexical instructions can be
> entered:
>
>   • \version
>   • \include
>   • \sourcefilename
>   • \sourcefileline
>   • A single-line comment, introduced by a leading % sign. • A multi-line
> comment delimited by %{ ... %}.
>

> With the:
>
>       \sourcefilename "foo »
>
> command, I get:
>
>       Renaming input to: `foo’
>
> in the log, but that seems to be its sole effect…?

What do you expect it to do?

This will affect LilyPond's concept of its current sourcefile and line
number.  It does not change the actually accessed file name or file
position.  The effects will be visible only in error messages (which
point out source file name and source file line) and for point-and-click
information going back from the PDF to the source file.

What else do you expect?

--
David Kastrup