Re: Strings as variable names

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Strings as variable names
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 08:28:15 +0100

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 23:52:27 +0100
David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> So, no.

I stand corrected.
It's a very long since ago that I stopped using m4.

> It would not be my choice of tool here nevertheless.

Preprocessors in general add the disadvantage of having unmaintainable
sources (you cannot edit the unprocessed source with e.g. frescobaldi
without trickery) and hard to find errors (line/column numbers may change).

For the purpose discussed here (using something better than violinI) it is
definitely not the best tool.

-- Johan