Re: Bar number moves down inexplicably

From: Chris Yate
Subject: Re: Bar number moves down inexplicably
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 09:46:35 +0000

On 1 February 2016 at 02:17, David Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
Coincidentally with Message-ID: <address@hidden>
> It also seems to move the bar number down. Does anybody know why?
I also have a bar number which moves down for some reason.

The attached snippet shows the problem. Commenting out the \layout
with % {  →  %{ fixes the bar number but I lose my fermatas (both
cases attached).

I'm not familiar with the action of Staff_collecting_engraver,
but I have a feeling the answer/workaround might lie in the page
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/learning/outside_002dstaff-objects

Cheers,
David.

Yes, I can reproduce that (on Windows 10, Lilypond 2.19.35).

Begs the question what the "comment" symbol means if text after it on the line is parsed...

Chris