Re: D.C. al fine

From: Graham King
Subject: Re: D.C. al fine
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 16:51:48 +0000

Joram,
I'm glad you found the snippet useful.  Maybe it will find its way into the repository, although I don't know how to make that happen.

Thanks for the reference to the previous thread[1].  It's not hard to see how the technique in the current thread can be extended to the various DC/DS/Fine/Coda variants, although I confess that I might code the harder examples in the previous thread by simply putting the A, B, C, etc. sections into their own variables and then ordering these appropriately (and explicitly) in the MIDI score.  We shouldn't forget, either, that hand-engraved music sometimes produces structures the resolution of which is ambiguous, or hideously complicated, just to save paper and engraving costs.  Pitfalls for the performer.

Hosanna ut supra
-- Graham