Re: Best way to provide LilyPond via thumb drive

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Best way to provide LilyPond via thumb drive
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 14:52:16 +0100

Hello Ralph,

On 12.02.2016 14:06, Ralph Palmer wrote:
Soon, I shall be visiting a music school which almost certainly has computers but which probably has little internet access. I would like to give them a thumb drive with all the files they would need for setup, learning, and running LilyPond. The biggest catch, probably, is that it would be best if it were in Spanish. Also, I don't know what their operating system is, so I would like to make it available as Linux, Windows, and Apple. I'm hoping that the only part that would need to be in Spanish would be the manuals. Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction?

I think I can only comment on Linux installation, and on manuals.
For Linux ‘installation’ it is actually sufficient to just copy the lilypond/ folder. As to the manuals, you can obtain a full copy (including all languages) via the --doc option in the Unix installation shell script.

HTH, Simon