Re: Frescobaldi on a mac (from a blind user)

From: Teerilahti Esko
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi on a mac (from a blind user)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 12:41:51 +0200

Hi !

Agree with Jacques, that Frescobaldi is handy, when having source code,
notation output and midiplayer in the same package.
Works fine with Mavericks.

Briefly, to get started
- install Lilypond (I recommend the stable version)
- install Frescobald

To play midi, Frescobald needs synthesizer, external or internal.

For that, I installed Qsynth, which is so called software syntheziser, and runs
in the background.
If youy choose this, you need to start that first, then in Frescobaldi’s
Preferences -> Midi settings, choose qsynth from the pop-up list, for player
output.

Br
Esko