Re: Tied Notes in Voices, or change of time

From: William Marchant
Subject: Re: Tied Notes in Voices, or change of time
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 11:04:54 -0400

Thanks to all who replied WRT my problem.  I have much to learn yet about voices.  Thanks again.
Bill

On 16-02-26 10:22 PM, William Marchant wrote:
Hi All,
I have attached a snippet of code which shows a problem I have encountered.  Notice that in the first measure in Voice One, there is a c16 tied to a c4,  and below in Voice Two an e16 tied to e4. This I expected.  Note however, at the end of the first measure while the e16 is tied to the e4 in the next measure, the d16 below it is not tied to the e4.  As far as I can see the syntax is the same for both events, but the result is different.
Different Voices?  Different Times?  Possible Bug?  Can someone throw any light on this for me?