D.C. al fine, and "volta spanner" errors

From: Graham King
Subject: D.C. al fine, and "volta spanner" errors
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 17:18:26 +0000

Following on from an earlier thread[1], I have a snippet, below, that uses a repeat to create a "D.C. al fine" structure.

The snippet throws two warnings: "cannot end volta spanner" that appear to be caused by the "\set Score.repeatCommands" line.

Whilst I could just bludgeon these unwelcome messages with ly:expect-warning, the conscientious bit of me is asking the list whether they can be eliminated without hurting lilypond's feelings...

\version "2.19.35"

\repeat volta 2 {
  c''1
  \bar "|."
  \mark "Fine"
}
\alternative {
  {
    % Treat the "B" section as a first-time bar, but
    % suppress the "|1." label:
    \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f))
    c''1
    \bar "||"
    \mark "D.C."
  }