Re: AutoBeam Behaving Properly?

From: Karen S. Billings
Subject: Re: AutoBeam Behaving Properly?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 19:09:19 -0600

Mark,

No offense to Herr Bach or his playfulness - as an organist, I deeply
appreciate his genius - and I never thought my innocent question would spark
such dialog.

From an engineering standpoint, I would expect the "default" settings of an
application to adequately address the "majority" of cases, but allow explicit
manipulation to allow the user to do whatever they need to do.  I know my
student would agree, especially since he was the one who was confused in the
first place.

I suspect the Maestro would also agree, especially since "playfulness" often
involves looking for opportunities to break the rules.

Karen