Re: visual structure vs musical structure

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: visual structure vs musical structure
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 21:41:24 -0500

On Sat 09 Apr 2016 at 02:34:22 (+0200), Gianmaria Lari wrote:

> How I should structure the lilypond source code in this case where the
> visual structure and the musical structure does not match? For the music
> structure I would like to create the variable fragment, but for the visual
> structure this does not work. What should I do?

eg

\version "2.18.2"

global = {
  \key c \major
  \time 4/4
  s1 s1 s1
  s1
  s1 s1 \break s1
  \bar "|."
}

fragment = \relative {
  a'4 a a a
  b b b b
  c c c c
}

part = {
  \fragment
  r1
  \fragment
}

\score {
  \new Staff <<
    \new NullVoice { \clef treble \global }
    \new Voice { \part }

  \layout { }
}

If multi-stave, put the Nullvoice in each Staff with the appropriate clef.

Cheers,
David.