Re: Lilypond error behaviour

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Lilypond error behaviour
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 14:12:03 +1000

If you look at the MWE example I provided to illustrate what I believe is misleading information about a ‘FATAL’ error, then it has plain text which it ignores, claims a fatal error and proceeds to make a perfectly good PDF. Based on this it means one can have blocks of text as comments or documentation with no syntax, happily ignore the error, and have a nice new way of annotating lilypoind source code files. I hope people can see that this is clearly absurd.

It’s the FATAL error message that I am questioning. That terminology in my IT world means the program cannot go on. It’s a simply confusing. adjective. One could say given the behaviour that it should be a warning.

Andrew