Re: Lilypond error behaviour

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Lilypond error behaviour
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 10:51:15 +0200

> On Tue, 19 Apr 2016, Noeck wrote:
>> think that is what confuses most people here. The error was non-fatal
>> but still after everything is done, an additional fatal error is raised
>> to draw attention to previous non-fatal errors.
>
> Those are fatal errors.  They kill the program.  They're just not
> instantly fatal.

My thesis was that even a non_fatal_error will be turned into a fatal
for alerting purpose finally.
See:
\version "1.2.3"
{ c''1 }

According to the lexer it's a "non_fatal_error" (and correctly
reported in the log), but turned into a fatal later.

If I'm wrong here I'd love to be corrected.

Cheers,
  Harm