Staff bracket and figured bass

From: Marcin Konik
Subject: Staff bracket and figured bass
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 18:49:24 +0200

Hi,

I am working on critical edition of some 18th century music. I was working for many years in Finale, but after discovering Lilypond, I want to prepare my scores in this program. I almost succeeded, still have some problems.

1) I need to change the default staff bracket - I know I could use something like

\new StaffGroup \with { systemStartDelimiter =
            #'SystemStartSquare }

but what I need looks basically like this:

How to control positioning and thickness of such element?

2) I need to have figured bass aligned like at the example - in Lilypond it's "flowing" - like at the second example:

\version "2.18.2"

voiceone = \relative c' {
c c g' g a a g2
}

voicetwo = \relative c {
  \clef "bass"
 c'4 c c, c f f c2
}

\score {
\new StaffGroup {
 <<
 \new Staff \voiceone

 \new Staff <<
   \voicetwo

    \figuremode {
 <5 3>4 \skip4 <5 3>4 \skip4 <3>4 \skip4 <8 5 3>2

I would be very grateful for help - I need to finish my work quickly.

Just in case I attach the whole score in which I have to make changes like at the first example.