Re: Replying to posts

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: Replying to posts
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 02:31:04 -0700 (MST)

I personally prefer simple text email... everytime I can avoid html.

But in case of not trivial subject, using formatting give me the possibility
to explain more clearly my ideas. Yes of course, I could do something
similar using ascii but it would be more difficult, time consuming and the
final result would be worst.

Using bold, italic etc. and including image near the text (not attached at
the end of the email) give the writer the *possibility* to be more clear and
the reader a better experience. Yes, it takes more time to download a
message with an image but (1) people have to use it reasonably and (2) my
feeling is that with today technology and for the average user the
advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

* * *

About pgp: I don't use PGP and I would not use in a mailing list like this.
When I receive lilypond-user Digest messages I found that messages
containing pgp key make the digest message more ugly, longer and difficult
to read. I never complained but I personally think they should be avoided.

My two cents...
g.