Re: Changing pedal symbol

From: Michiel Sikma
Subject: Re: Changing pedal symbol
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 15:35:40 +0200

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Michiel

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 6:11 AM, tisimst <address@hidden> wrote:
Michiel,

On Sunday, May 1, 2016, Michiel Sikma-2 [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there,

I've been looking at what's contained in the font, and found a simplified pedal symbol (pedal.P, as seen here). I wanted to see how it looks in my score, so I constructed a small snippet to try and figure out how to replace the regular pedal symbol.

I've tried a few things unsuccessfully. My latest attempt is:
\override SustainPedal.stencil = #(lambda (grob) #:musicglyph "pedal.P")
However, it doesn't actually change anything. I've found a few snippets that deal with changing stencils but nothing appears to work for me or do exactly what I want.

Here's an example snippet: http://lilybin.com/jq3pqx/1

Would anyone know how to accomplish this?

If all you want to do is use the "P" for pedal markings, take a look here:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/snippets/keyboards

Scroll down to the section entitled "Changing the text for sustain markings".

Best,
Abraham