Re: \keepWithTag #'A {\keepWithTag #'B \music}

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: \keepWithTag #'A {\keepWithTag #'B \music}
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 17:13:31 -0500

On Sat 07 May 2016 at 10:42:43 (+0200), Gianmaria Lari wrote:
> Dear David thank you for explaining the problem and pointing me out
> the documentation where this is discussed.
>
> Yes, I could organize my code differently but this would be less
> clear. Try to have a look to the attached image capture.png.
> The first line is the wanted screen output, the second line the wanted
> midi output  (that is normally not intended to print).
> Now let me discuss how I would like to obtain it.

AIUI there are three ways of achieving what you want:
1) reverse the logic, as you have done here,
2) use lists in keepWithTag so that you don't nest them,
3) use tag groups.

If you want to structure your music as you wish, then you can't use (2).
So that leaves you option (3).

BTW what does markup do to the midi output that you don't like?

Cheers,
David.