articulate.ly and fingering

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: articulate.ly and fingering
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 10:54:46 +0200

I don't understand the following behavior of articulate.ly.

I wrote this measure:

    a-1 b-2 a-1 b-2

and then the same without fingering:

    a b a b

The midi output of these two measures looks curious to me, because
some rests are introduced ONLY in the first measure. Is it normal?

Here it is the whole code and attached the screenshot of the *midi* output.

\version "2.19.40"
\include "articulate.ly"

\score
{
  \articulate
  {
    a-1 b-2 a-1 b-2
    a b a b
  }
  \layout {}
  \midi { }
}

gianmaria

P.S. Listening the midi output using the frescobaldi midiplayer and
setting the instrument to violin makes the difference well
discernible.