Re: Dorico announced

From: Michael Rivers
Subject: Re: Dorico announced
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 12:04:17 -0700 (MST)

Hmm...not a fan of the name Dorico. It sounds a little too close to Dorito to
me. Does it come in nacho cheese and cool ranch?

If the quality of the output is better than Lilypond (and 349 pounds
sterling fall out of the sky into my lap), I might consider it. After all
those years of making theory tests for my music school's students in
Sibelius, and every year having to ask myself, "How did I make that crazy,
non-standard thing happen last year?", I don't think I'll be leaving
Lilypond's text input anytime soon. Having a complete record of exactly how
I made a score is just too nice.

I do wish Steinberg the best, though.