Re: halfopenvertical script glyph not working

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: halfopenvertical script glyph not working
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 10:46:02 +0200

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use the "halfopenvertical" glyph on a Hi-Hat note when writting
> for Drumset.
> "halfopen" works fine, but the vertical version doesn't.
>
> I get an error saying "script direction not yet known" and I'm not sure how
> to solve this.
> Any ideas?
>
> The glyph in question is documented here (scripts.halfopenvertical):
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/the-feta-font#script-glyphs
>
> Here's some sample code demonstrating the issue:
>
> \version "2.18.2"
>
> #(define mydrums '(
>          (hihat         cross #f                 5)
>          (openhihat     cross "open"             5)
>          (closedhihat   cross "stopped"          5)
>          (halfopenhihat cross "halfopenvertical" 5)))
>
> \new DrumStaff <<
>   \set DrumStaff.drumStyleTable = #(alist->hash-table mydrums)
>
>   \drummode { hh4 hhc hho hhho }
>>>

> The output I'm getting is:
>
> $ lilypond -ddelete-intermediate-files -dno-point-and-click
> halfopenvertical.ly
> GNU LilyPond 2.18.2
> Processing `halfopenvertical.ly'
> Parsing...
> Interpreting music...
> warning: do not know how to interpret articulation:
> warning:  scheme encoding:
> "halfopenvertical"Preprocessing graphical objects...
> halfopenvertical.ly:13:27: programming error: script direction not yet known
>   \drummode { hh4 hhc hho
>                             hhho }
> halfopenvertical.ly:13:27: continuing, cross fingers
> [1]    9533 segmentation fault  lilypond -ddelete-intermediate-files
> -dno-point-and-click halfopenvertical.ly

\version "2.18.2"

%% work with a copy of `default-script-alist' from `script.scm'
#(define my-script-alist default-script-alist)

%% no entry for "halfopenvertical" there, thus:
#(set! my-script-alist
  (cons
    `("halfopenvertical"
     . (
        (avoid-slur . outside)
        (padding . 0.20)
        (script-stencil . (feta . ("halfopenvertical" . "halfopenvertical")))
        (direction . ,UP)))
    my-script-alist))

%% make it available
\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    scriptDefinitions = #my-script-alist

#(define mydrums '(
         (hihat         cross #f                 5)
         (openhihat     cross "open"             5)
         (closedhihat   cross "stopped"          5)
         (halfopenhihat cross "halfopenvertical" 5)))

\new DrumStaff <<
  \set DrumStaff.drumStyleTable = #(alist->hash-table mydrums)

  \drummode { hh4 hhc hho hhho }

HTH,
  Harm