note names as solmisation printed as markup automagically?

From: bart deruyter
Subject: note names as solmisation printed as markup automagically?
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 13:45:20 +0200

Hi all,

I've found a pdf on imslp with music of Sagreras. The names of the notes are printed above the notes that are played.

Since I teach guitar to people without prior knowledge of music theory, I often use tabulature. Now I have some people who want to learn how to read notes. Here in Belgium it is usually not with letters, but with the solmisation names of the notes.

So I was wondering, would there be a way to print the names of the notes as markup, in an automated way? I know how to print them with a markup command, but it's a heck of a task to add manually with so much notes :-) .

Of course I'd only do this for some easy pieces, and then let them exercise without those added names, but it might be a good start for newbies in reading music.

grtz,

Bart