Re: "Easy Reader" template

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: "Easy Reader" template
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 11:43:28 -0600

May,

On Sunday, June 26, 2016, Mat Kramer <address@hidden> wrote:
I just discovered LilyPond. What a great program!

I’m trying to make lead sheets that my elderly father can read. The default staff size is a bit small. I found the docs about using set-global-staff-size, but it produces awkward crowded output. Does anyone have a good template for making larger easier-to-read output?

There shouldn't be a problem with the larger staff sizes. There are a number of things you can do like increasing note spacing (see the "Horizontal Spacing" section in the Notation Reference for specific examples), putting in manual \break and \pageBreak commands. There's also using some of the \paper variables to encourage the layout algorithm to spread the measures out more, like

\paper {
  system-count = 4
  page-count = 2
  % etc.