Re: Set Stanza for every staff

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Set Stanza for every staff
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 00:08:03 +0200

> In my music I have been using
> \set stanza = "1. "
> to get line numbering for the lyrics.  But this only numbers the beginning
> of the lyric's line.
> I can manually insert that to get the numbering to appear within the lyric
> line, but what I need is for it to appear at the start of each lyric as it
> dynamically shifts.
>
> Manually could look like this:
> \set stanza = "1. " Bla bla bla \set stanza = "1. " ha ha ha
> to get
> 1. Bla Bla Bla
> 2. ha ha ha
>
> however, when the music spreads itself across the bars it might break
> differently, creating this:
> 1. Bla Bla Bla 2. ha
> ha ha
>
> So is there a way to make it auto-number the lyric lines?

Use instrumentName and shortInstrumentName?

<<
\new Staff { \repeat unfold 80 c''4 }
\new Lyrics
  \with { instrumentName = "1." shortInstrumentName = "1." }
  \lyricmode { \repeat unfold 80 foo4 }
\new Lyrics
  \with { instrumentName = "2." shortInstrumentName = "2." }
  \lyricmode { \repeat unfold 80 bar }

HTH,
  Harm