Re: scheme-function to provide value for \include

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: scheme-function to provide value for \include
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 16:50:04 +0200

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 11:05:59 +0200
David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Basically you are expecting something akin to the #include of the C
> preprocessor to accept calls of functions defined in C for specifying
> the file to include.

Except that in C #include is significantly different from the rest of
the C syntax. #-lines are all different and independent of C-lines and
syntax.

In LilyPond, \include looks like any other \keyword. And if it
looks like one, it is not unreasonable to expect it to behave similar.
See, for example, the m4 include which is a 100% ordinary m4 function.

Not that I'm going to say that %%%include would have been a better
choice ;).

-- Johan