Re: GSoC update; Q's about final/draft modes, and triggering footnotes

From: Paul
Subject: Re: GSoC update; Q's about final/draft modes, and triggering footnotes
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 23:40:46 -0400

On 06/29/2016 10:03 AM, Urs Liska wrote:
Implementation-wise it is basically nothing to add another mode by simply allowing additional values for the "mode" option. Packages can also quite easily implement that by extending the conditionals in their functions to respond to more than two modes. However, to be useful this must be discussed rather on the conceptual side, i.e. what kind of mode would make sense and how to propagate that through different packages (doesn't make much sense to have a mode that doesn't do much). So, this aspect is where this discussion should be done. FWIW, just creating an arbitrary option and configuring your personal files to do some configuration based on that option might as well provide everything you asked for, without even touching the openLilyLib packages themselves. HTH Urs

Ah, ok, I see.  In that case, please disregard my thought.

Cheers,
-Paul