Re: lilypond-book and latex indenting issue

From: Benjamin Strecker
Subject: Re: lilypond-book and latex indenting issue
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 13:50:35 -0400

Hello,

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Vaylor Trucks <address@hidden> wrote:
> Vaylor Trucks <vaylor <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> I'm not sure if this is a LaTeX question or a Lilypond question.
>
> After some digging, the definitely seems to be a Lilypond issue. If I look
> in the output directory I specify in invoking lilypond-book, I see the
> .PDF files created by Lilypond which are used as images in the LaTeX doc,
> and there is definitely white space to the left of the staff in these
> images. The question I have now is, how to I eliminate that white space if
> not by using #indent=0?

lilypond-book adds a little bit of space by slightly reducing the
line-width (it looks like about 4mm to me).  One possible way to
remove this space is by adding the following to a paper block inside
your external .ly file:

line-width = #(+ line-width (* mm 4))

And in the preamble of your .lytex file:

\def\preLilyPondExample{\hspace*{-3mm}}
\newcommand{\betweenLilyPondSystem}[1]{\linebreak\hspace*{-3mm}}

Note: this is what I would call a workaround, not a fix.  There are
reasons why this space exists.  If you are using braces at the
beginning of a stave or have long bar numbers showing up at the
beginning of the line, these will be hanging in the left margin.

Hope this helps!
Ben