Re: tuplet bracket slope

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: tuplet bracket slope
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 08:14:19 -0700 (MST)

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Bernard wrote
> What nonsense Gould writes here. I perceive duration in notation on any
> angle. The book is not always right in its justifications.

I think what Gould means is that duration is notated in the x-axis of a
staff, and so keeping beams close to the axis alignment is helpful. Maybe
her logic here is flawed, but then again most modern editions tend to avoid
large slopes for beams nowadays.

Andrew Bernard wrote
> Here’s how to set all tuplet brackets horizontal on one command:

Thanks for the horizontal tuplet snippet, it works like a charm!

Andrew Bernard wrote
> I posted this recently along with the code
> for the extremely useful \tupletAngles function which was then discussed
> in
> detail.

About the \tupletAngles function, it's very useful indeed though it seems to
do exactly what \override Score.TupletBracket.positions does, right?

Anyway, I think I will bring this issue of tuplet angles to the bug squad as
I think it's pretty clear we should have a max slope pre-defined.

Cheers!
Gilberto