Re: Beam direction property

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Beam direction property
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 08:21:39 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 9:03 AM, Andrew Bernard [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Urs,

I am sorry my email is confusing. I don’t want to adjust beams or stem directions here, I merely wantt to find out whether the beam is up or down. It seems Beam.direction gets set to random, or unintelligible, that is, impossibe to predict,  values.

Along the debugging trail, I noticed the crashing behaviour of trying to set Beam. direction.

Why don't you override the Stem stencil instead, like in the original snippet? I guess I can see why you want to put the \override before the entire group, but anyway. Alternatively, you can access all the stems on the beam with

(ly:grob-object grob 'stems)

From that, you should be able to navigate to the correct one and determine its direction, which is really what you want, but it would probably be easier to just explicitly override the stencil of the last stem, but at least you've got a couple of options.

--
Abraham Lee