Re: Centered text lines in markuplist

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Centered text lines in markuplist
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 08:44:40 -0500

On Sun 17 Jul 2016 at 19:31:41 (+1000), Andrew Bernard wrote:
> Hi Pierre,
>
> Not sure if I was clear in original post. I have a lot of text and it
> spans multiple pages. I can't find a way to centre that in a justified
> block.
>
> Do I need to go out to TeX or similar?

The quick answer: yes.

A longer one: AFAICT LilyPond can justify but can't hyphenate.
Depending on the width of your column, you either make it wide enough
to violate the 65 char rule, or narrow enough that the gaps (from
failure to hyphenate) become an eyesore. (You said "even when it is
off a little bit the  eye notices it" and I noticed the extra space
you typed in there!)

Nor can I see how you deal with the last line of each page (if you
manually split them) so that it justifies it at all. Even in LaTeX
I've had to resort to adding   \parfillskip=0pt   at the end of a
page when setting justified text into an A6 booklet. (I had to
break a specifically shaped paragraph.)

Cheers,
David.