Re: that acciaccatura issue

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: that acciaccatura issue
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 23:59:17 +0200

> The two line "solution" does provide the desired "print out," yet in
> isolation. When inserted into the entire score (Piano of two staves) it
> creates the same multiple time/key signatures as my coding. This leads me to
> question the benefit of the minimalist of examples. The two line solution
> also eliminates the "Instrument Name" (I use it to denote the variation
> number) and change from relative pitch coding to absolute pitch encoding.
> What precedes the "solution" affects as well as is affect by the "solution."
>
> The two lines have been used toe "rebuild" the template. Yet the acciaccatura
> problem still exists! My solution: eliminate the acciaccatura and get on with
> the rest of the score.

>> But you want only two voices, thus put time/key-sig into one of the voices.

Hi Mark,

let's disregard minmial examples for the moment.

I don't understand your problem applying the repeatedly mentioned fix.

Anyway, below your initial code with most minimal changes to fix the
problem, although formating and indenting and other stuff there is
suboptimal.

\version "2.18.2"

\new PianoStaff <<
  \set PianoStaff.instrumentName = #"Var. IX  "
   \new Staff = "upper" <<
     \new Voice = "soprano"
     {
     \time 4/4
     \key bes \major \voiceOne \relative c'' {

     \acciaccatura a8 bes4^. r \acciaccatura a8 bes4^. r |

     \new Voice = "alto"
     { \voiceTwo \relative c'' {

     \grace s8 r4 \stemDown <d, f> r q |

   \new Staff = "lower"
   {
     \time 4/4
     \key bes \major
     \clef bass
     \relative c {

     \grace s8 r16 bes' (f d bes4) r16 bes' (f d bes4)   }
   }

    \layout {

  Harm