Re: Song layout for overhead projection

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: Song layout for overhead projection
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 16:00:37 +0200

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Hans Aikema <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Song layout for overhead projection
> Date: 28 August 2016 at 15:01:06 GMT+2
> To: Urs Liska <address@hidden>

Accidentily hit reply instead of reply-to-all (to also include the list)

>> Op 28 aug. 2016 om 12:47 heeft Urs Liska <address@hidden> het volgende
>> geschreven:
>>

>> Am 28. August 2016 10:34:13 MESZ, schrieb Hans Aikema <address@hidden>:
>>> What I use for songs for beamer projection is a combination of
>>> enlarging the fonts and music staffs and customizing paper-size and
>>> resolution to the effect of generating 1024x768 pixel PNGs with
>>> lilypond with large systems and lyrics so that they are suitable for
>>> projection <...>
>> Well, you can simply use PDF with a page size set to some 3/2 aspect ratio
>> and increase the staff size until you have one system fit comfortably on one
>> line. No need to create large pixel images.

True, but in our case we're embedding the slides in powerpoint presentations
and powerpoint is in my experience very bad in image-handling, so we chose to
optimize lilypond output for embedding in powerpoint (and thus match the
physical display dimensions of the projector in the generated slide images)