Re: Version 2.18 vs.2.19 speed and W10

From: Michael Rivers
Subject: Re: Version 2.18 vs.2.19 speed and W10
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 10:03:40 -0700 (MST)

I'm not sure it's due to a change between v2.19.46 and 47. For most of the
summer, I had been running an older development version and an older version
of Frescobaldi for a while, and they were running fine. I hadn't run
Lilypond in a few weeks, and in the meantime Windows 10 updated to the
"Anniversary edition". When I ran Lilypond again two days ago, it was 20
times slower. Trying to fix that, I updated Lilypond and Frescobaldi to the
newest versions, but that didn't help.

So, while I can't tell exactly what caused the extreme reduction in speed, I
can confirm that Lilypond on the current version of Windows runs
dramatically slower with versions somewhat older than 2.19.47.