Re: Write a custom backend?

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: Re: Write a custom backend?
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 12:02:58 +0200

Am 13.09.2016 um 14:04 schrieb David Kastrup:

I believe the output backend principle is a good sign of extensibility
but is it really the case? How to instruct Lilypond to use a custom
one, then?
You'd have to make use of one of the existing translator groups (like
Engraver_group or Performer_group) which might me more accurately called
translator groupers: there is currently no way to define those in
Scheme.

Personally, I'd consider it a great project to convert _all_ of Midi
generation to Scheme.

Why? We need more details of the music going into \midi{}, but it is
necessary to rewrite the code in scheme first?

Cheers,
 Knut