Re: \abs-(font)size for \epsfile

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: \abs-(font)size for \epsfile
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 07:24:07 -0400

Hi Malte,

> It would be nice though to have an easier method to make whole markups
> “absolute-sized”

That *would* be nice!

> Here my pt-based (instead of mm-based) abs-epsfile and abs-baseline-skip
> commands, maybe they are of interest for someone.

Here are the ones I use (can’t remember who wrote them?). I don’t know if
they’re different, or which is preferable — but thought you might like to see
them.

#(define-public (pt-to-ss size)
  (let* ((5pt (ly:pt 5))
         (output-scale (ly:output-def-lookup $defaultpaper 'output-scale 1))
         (factor (/ output-scale 5pt))
         (staff-space (* 5 factor)))
    (/ size staff-space)))

#(define-markup-command (abs-baseline-skip layout props size arg)
  (number? markup?)
  #:category font
  (interpret-markup layout
    (cons `((baseline-skip . ,(pt-to-ss size)))
      props)
    arg))

Best,
Kieren.