Re:problem with \partcombine and dynamics/hairpins

From: Alex Voice
Subject: Re:problem with \partcombine and dynamics/hairpins
Date: 27 Sep 2016 21:56:59 +0100

Hi Harm,

I'm not familiar with the partcombiner, though, below a very bad
workaround, found deep, deep in the quick n' dirty junk room.

\version "2.19.48"

terminateHairpin =
#(define-music-function (ctx-name mus)(string? ly:music?)
#{ << $mus \context Voice = $ctx-name \grace s2\! >> #})

endI = \terminateHairpin "one" \etc
endII = \terminateHairpin "two" \etc

musicA = {
g'1\> \endI R1\!
}
musicB = {
b'1\> \endII R1\!
}

\new Staff \partcombineII \musicA \musicB

I have tried your solution to Kieran’s recent problem with \partcombine, but didn’t manage to find the \partcombineII that you use - I hope it isn’t a stupid question, but where is this to found?

Many thanks - as I’m sure I shall need it too sometime.

Alex Voice