Re: Scripts: differentiating in overrides

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Scripts: differentiating in overrides
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 20:48:27 -0400

Hi Simon,

> Should the stylesheet not feature a \version statement? I’m sure it’s not
> going to work with _all_ LilyPond versions…

Probably. At the very least, it should have a “LOOK OUT FOR FALLING ROCKS!”
warning…  ;)

> And, why did you choose to tweak Script on a Score level? Surely it would be
> equally good on Voice level, unless you’d want to cater for TabVoice,
> VaticanaVoice, and the like?

For my stylesheets, my current design philosophy is that all tweaks should be
made at the highest/largest possible context, so that overrides can easily be
added to lower/smaller contexts as necessary. I reserve the right to change my
mind by the time I get my stylesheet set to an alpha stage ready for sharing
and discussion.  =)

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer