Re: forced break was overridden by some other event

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: forced break was overridden by some other event
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:03:57 +0200

Hi Pierre

Thank you: it works, but a small glissando line appears on TabStaff only in the second bar of the example (see attached image). Probably a bug of \hideNotes..
Maybe if I could set the length of glissando (to be smaller)...

Anyway, I've just remembered that in this case I use \afterGrace:

\version "2.19"

upper = \relative {
e'8 cis( b) gis~ gis r \afterGrace b4 { \once \hideNotes b8 } \break |
r1
}

lower = \relative {
e,2 e'8 r \afterGrace g4\4\glissando { \once \hideNotes gis8\4 } \break |
e,2 e'^\fermata |
}

\score {
\new StaffGroup <<
\new Staff { \clef "treble_8" << \voiceOne \upper \\ \voiceTwo \lower >> }
  \new TabStaff \with {
    stringTunings = #guitar-tuning
    \clef moderntab
  } <<
    \new TabVoice { \voiceOne \upper }
    \new TabVoice { \voiceTwo \lower }

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \omit StringNumber

Not perfect, I guess, as the glissando line does not extend to the end of the bar.
But at least there are no "ghost lines" appearing from nowhere.