Re: Problem controlling page numbers in bookparts

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Problem controlling page numbers in bookparts
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 13:07:52 +0200

> The possibility to set starting page-numbers for bookparts is
> frequently requested, but not yet done.

In that case it seems the documentation is a least misleading. Under
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/the-paper-block
it states that a \paper block can appear inside a \bookpart block
and under
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/other-paper-variables#paper-variables-for-page-numbering
there is a paragraph "Known issues and warnings" that only talks about
even and odd numbers, left and right etc.

There probably should be mentioning that some variables have no effect
inside certain blocks.

> As a workaround I recently did the coding below, though it's still
> work in progress and currently I've not the time to go further on this
> topic.
>
> Maybe it's already enough for your needs, probably a starting point
> otherwise:
[extensive code example snipped]

Thanks alot, helpful as always :)
I will have a look at it. Also thanks to Kieren for the briefish
solution to my problem at hand. Much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Michael
--
 Michael Gerdau       email: address@hidden