Re: BendSpanner-engraver

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: BendSpanner-engraver
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 16:43:31 +0100

Il giorno mar 1 nov 2016 alle 16:02, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Federico,

in a private mail you asked about Ties in interplay with bends.
General excluding tied notes from being bend is possible but not a
good idea (see some of the examples in bend-issues-02-excerpt.ly)

These examples are different.
In your example there's an already bent note which is then tied and this is made explicitly using \bendHold. In my example there's a pitch in a chord tied to the same pitch in the next chord. There's no intention to bend these notes, but they are bent because they are in a chord where there's a bending note.

I think that excluding tied notes would be a good default.
Just a user point of view, no idea about the complexity of implementation.

Instead you could use
(1)
\tweak bend-me ##f
which would need to be applied to both bounding NoteHeads of the Tie.
(2)
\override Tie.bend-me = ##f
which is newly implemented

Great, thank you