Re: Changing voice order...

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Changing voice order...
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 22:59:12 +0100

>>>   \voiceOrder { 1, 3, 5, 7, 6, 4, 2 }
>>>   << c'''2 \\ g'' \\ e'' \\ c'' \\ g' \\ e' \\ c' >>
>>
>> More like \voices 1,3,5,7,6,4,2 << ... >> if we want to keep in
>> current syntax.  This is assuming a one-shot command taking the <<
>
> Hmm, my original idea was a global command, something similar to
> setting up beam divisions for various meters – having a command to
> locally override that would be certainly useful.
>
>>> Note that this is an idea without considering whether it can be
>>> implemented at all.
>>
>> With a bit of massage it seems to work.
>
> Good to hear!
>

>     Werner

Werner,

I was thrilled and excited by your proposal.
Having had some leisure time this afternoon (although without
net-access) I played around with it.
I've taken it as a local command, though.

The result is a wrapper around simultaneous music, with and without "\\".
You can input straight away from top to bottom voice.
The voiceXxx-settings and context-ids are done automatically, but
respect user-settings.

The engraver to annotate info is in as well, could be deleted ofcourse.

It's not tested beyond the given examples, but following this route
would make the input much more logical and because it's a wrapper we
would warrant backward compatibility, no need to change anything
else...

Opinions?

Cheers,
  Harm